Theme: Hope in Times of Suffering
Subtopics: God, End Times, Authority, Sharing Your Faith, Justice
Mixing It Up
Here are three other stories with similar “weirdness” or that touch on the theme and other topics we discussed.
Daniel’s vision of the end of the world
Jesus’ warning about the end of the world
Ezekiel’s vision of heaven
Isaiah’s vision of heaven
God’s symbolic message of judgment
Think about the reasons you have for hope or things for which you are thankful. Tell God. He is worthy of our praise.
Follow up questions
- What do you think of John’s view of God in heaven?
- Why is it important to know that God is stronger than the kings of this world?
- What kind of justice can we hope for when we believe in God?
- When is it OK to be like Daniel, even if it means disobedience?
- How does the discussion of John day and age change the way you think about the book of Revelation?
- How do you think John audience responded to his letter?
- How has Jesus comforted you in your own times of need or suffering?
- How might God use you to encourage other when they hurt?
- Who in the world today might be going through the same kinds of things as John’s audience back then?
- How will you actually reach out to help others find hope?